View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2021, 17:43   #49
Two340'sman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Something that does sometimes give trouble ins the NRV aka Non-Return Valve aka check-valve in the servo or in the hose that feeds it.

These are only a few quid to buy, the arrow should point to the engine /inlet manifold and you just need to know the right size for the hose bore. Also check the ends of the hose for fraying/splitting/perishing but it might be worth simply renewing the NRV as a precaution and see if your fault disappears :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...c&LH_PrefLoc=1

That should take you to a list on ebay of all the UK items, ascending in price. Find the bore of your hose and a matching valve and give it a go. Looking back over your pics, your NRV is in the hose between the servo and manifold more or less level with the back of the expansion tank. I can see some markings on the hose near the servo which might give a clue to the size too.

PS - as an aside when we digressed into electric conversions and i mentioned the NSU Ro80 and the original type of engine i referred to it by the inventors name which begins with a "W" and ends with a mis-spelling of "ankle" - i see the "profanity software" has edited the name of the inventor!
Thanks again, good idea the non return valve. Will look at that tomorrow. I do have my late Dad's Metro Vanden Plas here, that I know has a non return valve on the servo. I could nick that.

I knew exactly what rotary engine you were talking about.

This is a great forum, and thanks to everyone for their helpful suggestions.
Two340'sman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Two340'sman For This Useful Post: