Thread: PV: - Volvo PV544
View Single Post
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 20:16   #8
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus View Post
It would be a private import.Spares for the most are not to difficult.For that year it would probably have the B16 1.6motor. Will do some more checking for you.It will be 6 volt. I notice a missing wiper arm on Passenger side.You OK with LHD? If you decide to have a look take a photo of the engine bay and post it here.
My 60 544 sport,If you buy one you won't stop smiling behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
The PV544 was produced along side the Amazon for a few years. They share some bits.

Spares-wise I estimate their availability to be equally as good as the Amazon.

Early PV444 cars have harder to find bits of trim.

There are quite a few of us here with PV544s / PV444s on this forum. I'm one of them. My car =>

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=277319

Note these vehicles were never officially brought to the UK by Volvo so were only factory made as LHD examples.

####

Here in Holland the price for a road legal PV544 will start at about 8K (euros) - early PV444s are often more expensive. Nice PV544s (with or with out modifications) go for about 15K to 20K here.

The "one" that people seem to value the most is the PV544 Sport version but as it is easy to change badges and a few engine bits fake versions are easy to stumble across...
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
PVs are great cars to own and drive,and spares are readily available, though personally I prefer the 1961 onward B18 engined ones as they go better and engine parts are easier to find. I think that one is a bit dear, but then you are giving the dealer a good profit on it.This one is mine ( not far sale).Regards, Andy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus View Post
Also if you go to see it take a photo of the vin plate.It's on the bulkhead in the engine bay,left hand side near the regulator.. we can then check it's originality
Thank you for those comments chaps - that was a really good introduction to the PV544.

The motor car is in Portsmouth - 150 miles each way - but I'll speak to the dealer in the morn and if I think it is worth it maybe drive down on Friday or Saturday (my parents live in Hampshire, perhaps drop in for a cuppa in the garden).

I've just watched a little bit of a Wheeler Dealers episode on the model (You Tube), it looks strangely interesting.

Alan