Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 11:36   #637
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
A very small market indeed for the 262C Alan, especially ones with the handlebars on the wrong side!

The expensive one will probably sell for that eventually because they are so rare and it has a good deal of provenance.

Not so sure about the USA import car though, it wants £3k+++ of respray to get it looking like it should, not sure if it's camera angle, light conditions or what but the vinyl roof looks excessively shiny, almost as if someone has sprayed a vinyl roof on it so will want that looking at too. Another grand or two. Unless someone is buying it specifically to go touring in Europe, the LHD is a drawback, it could be converted but then it wouldn't be original and many people don't like driving LHD in the UK for obvious reasons. There are also many who don't care and generally (from my experience) they are already paying over the odds for insurance due to many accidents.....................

The big drawback for me on both cars is the B27 engine, much more fragile than the later B280 engine not to mention rougher, thirstier and less powerful.
Thank you for that Dave. I had a suspicion you might know about these cars.

I'm always dubious about people valuing cars (or other machines) highly just because of their rarity. It is hard for me to imagine what sort of person would have a spare £23,000 plus the inclination to get this one for a collection and not drive it. It takes all sorts though, and not all people are tightwads like I am.