View Single Post
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 22:09   #82
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post

You do really need to nip this one in the bud though. Make your decision... you're either fixing the car, or count your losses and move on. To be honest, I'd be inclined to go with the latter.

You've spent a fortune & are no further along. I don't mean that in a negative way, but it sounds to me like every person under the sun has worked on this car & it doesn't sound like they really knew what they were doing. That has cost you a lot of money, time, inconvenience... its time to make your mind up.

So, ask yourself these questions... Are you going to commit more time/money trying to fix this car, in addition to what you've already spent? Or have you reached the point where enough is enough, so its time to call it quits?
I think this is the biggest question with the smallest answer (a single word, choice of 2 or three letters) on this problem.

When you boil it down really, it comes down to does the OP really want to continue to throw money at this car or not?

Even further testing and possibly trying a new injector isn't going to be free or even cheap. Assuming the injectors can be found new of course, Volvopartswebstore indicate they're NLA, i haven't checked on gcp.se yet though.

If i've followed the money trail correctly, i think he's spent ~£700 so far on this and no further forward. Could probably get another car for that! Then sell this one on ebay, spares or repair for whatever he can get which might be fairly close to what a replacement car costs as many people will think it's a fairly cheap repair and can get the parts from a scrapyard (assuming they don't know about the coding) and fit it, job done.

Then join up here asking advice with the same problem.........

If they know about the coding, chances are they have the means to code it (i believe there are aftermarket tools that do this) so will get an injector from wherever, fit and code it, wash, polish etc and valet the interior then have it on the forecourt for a profit.

Either way the OP is on a hiding to nothing at the moment, either take the plunge and sort it out at all costs, set a budget for the repair and the moment it exceeds that (with a sensible contingency level of say 25%) put it on the bay or just put it on the bay as it is, find himself something else that isn't so complicated and easier to maintain/interrogate/repair on a DIY basis.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: