View Single Post
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 10:46   #20
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoRob38 View Post
Hi Clan,

You helped me previously with my accelerator pedal sensor, which turned out to be a simple clean of the CEM board/connectors with contact cleaner. No issues since.

Hoping this is something as easy to fix with contact cleaner again lol. I searched for ECM location and saw in a post from 2016 you said it was located on the right behind the front wheel arch... is that right looking at the front from outside (passenger side), or right from within the vehicle (drivers side)? Just incase I do need to get at the glow relay and get the contact cleaner out.

Im not too clued up when it comes to electrics, have had a go before with varying success. Like the accelerator pedal great success, thanks. But if I am going to test the glow plugs; "by measuring their resistance to ground with the leads off".... am I right in understanding that you mean remove the leads from the plugs first, then test the resistance to ground by holding one tester probe (+ red) on the glow plug and the other probe (- black) on e.g. vehicle body, or anywhere that would be ground/earth?

If they are higher than 2 ohms they need replacing?

Thanks
All volvos external connectors where the water is liable to get to them are waterproofed with rubber seals around each wire in the connector ..

Regarding glow plugs , yes you have the idea . They are not likely to fail shorted . more likely open circuit . but see what the resistance is ...