View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 16:06   #9
VolvoRob38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
That fault code indicates there is something wrong in the main power supply to the glow plugs or the current is not as expected , either shorted glow plugs or open circuit glow plugs or wiring ... Possibly a glow plug but prove it first by measuring their resistance to ground with the leads off ... they should be very low about 2 ohms or so ... and all the same reading .. Only the larger volvo engines have individual fault diagnosis for each glow plug .
Hi Clan,

You helped me previously with my accelerator pedal sensor, which turned out to be a simple clean of the CEM board/connectors with contact cleaner. No issues since.

Hoping this is something as easy to fix with contact cleaner again lol. I searched for ECM location and saw in a post from 2016 you said it was located on the right behind the front wheel arch... is that right looking at the front from outside (passenger side), or right from within the vehicle (drivers side)? Just incase I do need to get at the glow relay and get the contact cleaner out.

Im not too clued up when it comes to electrics, have had a go before with varying success. Like the accelerator pedal great success, thanks. But if I am going to test the glow plugs; "by measuring their resistance to ground with the leads off".... am I right in understanding that you mean remove the leads from the plugs first, then test the resistance to ground by holding one tester probe (+ red) on the glow plug and the other probe (- black) on e.g. vehicle body, or anywhere that would be ground/earth?

If they are higher than 2 ohms they need replacing?

Thanks
VolvoRob38 is offline   Reply With Quote