View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 11:32   #456
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris152 View Post
I won't be committing to anything til after the MoT - once I've driven it there, I'm not allowed under law to drive it home (MoT expired now) so they'll have to do whatever work's needed, hopefully nothing expensive! I trust them completely, and they don't need to create work.
You're allowed by law to drive to and from the MoT station Chris and any other bona fide repair place for the puroses of having the car repaired to MoT standard (or above). That means that even if it does fail, you can drive home and back to the test station after for retest after doing the repairs.

Check your insurance, you'll probably find you have a £50-80 excess on the policy for glass, that's by far the cheapest and easiest way of getting a replacement screen and most of the time, they will renew the seal as making it waterproof is part of the job. On older screens where the screen is held in by the seal (and not bonded to the bodyshell), often the easiest way to remove the old screen is simply to cut the old seal so a new one is necessary.

Note that claiming for a windscreen (or other glass covered by the policy) does NOT effect your NCB so you shouldn't have any worries there.

Just trying to find some underbonnet pics of an empty 240 engine bay to see whether it has the scuttle drains as i suspect............

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote