Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 19:56   #2357
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I noticed this little Volvo badge had fallen off the driver's side wing this morn:

It looks like it is original (from the MY 1980 brochure I have) and it is the same as the one on the passenger's side. This one seems to have been fixed with double sided tape - it may have been held that way for decades, I don't know, but it has not moved for the past year (until the last day or two).

It looks like the two holes in the wing were put there by Mr Volvo to fit the badge, but there are no corresponding pins in its back. I've cleaned up the back of the badge with some acetone and it is smooth - no sign of any pins having ever been there.

Is this the original badge, and if so how was it fitted to the wing? Perhaps some adhesive might solve the problem?

Any advice on the above would be much appreciated .

Alan
Search ebay/Amazon for "3M Trim Tape" Alan, it's almost certainly how it was originally held on.

PS - currently trying to juggle widow tint film with a pizza and getting everything back together before the typhoon and monsoon we've been promised or i would have found a link for you!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: