View Single Post
Old Mar 5th, 2021, 11:18   #59
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongregg View Post
I bought a Volvo dice obd reader a couple of years ago on eBay, after a xc90 I’d bought threw up a couple of amber notifications . The unit came with what looked like 2 copies cds. I’ve tried to load it on my laptop but I cant get it to run.
I have a guy who has repaired my computers in the past and he could not get it to run either. He tried it on a laptop with windows pro but told me that a file is missing from the program. Has anyone copies of the cds so I can check the faults with my 2005 xc90. It is now giving red engine service faults . Many thanks for any replies
if you didnt buy it from anyone here they probably cant help with that specific software..

show your friend the info here and he might get somewhere. download links at the bottom

just spitballing here but can you remove the VIDA install but leave the hardware drivers in place?

that link is specific to the VCX but maybe if you have a DICE you might get away with ignoring the hardware stuff and using the VIDA instructions from about halfway down

IIRC correctly mine was throwing up errors about a missing DLL but I didnt get any of that when I used the link above (windows 10)

OR, just bite the bullet and buy one from Cheshired5 with all the support and helpfulness that seems to come with it as part of the deal

-------------------------
mini project - link

Last edited by stuart bowes; Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:24.
stuart bowes is online now   Reply With Quote