View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 10:38   #2
Moonlanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayynn12 View Post
Hi there fellas
I obviously don’t expect a reply to my question in this public forum so any private messages would be greatly Appreciated.

So I’ve recently just snapped up a Volvo V90 19 plate (My19) and after having the battery off and then reconnecting it I’ve got a “Volvo in call service required” error on the dash. Now Ive got Volvo assistance to come out but they couldn’t find any faults so then the dealer told me to bring it in to see if they can fix it on the spot.

turns out it was unplugged for too long and that completely depleted the backup battery. Now because I’ve taken off the battery they won’t cover it under warranty.
They’ve priced me up at £93 for the module and about 200 odd quid for labour + vat.
Does anyone know where this back up battery is located and if it’s possible to recharge them somehow- I don’t mind paying for a new battery but 200 odd for labour is a rip off.

I was actually quite surprised as the tech told me that the battery was disconnected 3 days ago and that the main battery has only ever been fully charged once so it got me wondering what else does the software show up :blink:

Got it on charge overnight but does anyone know where these modules are located
I don't know the answer to your question, but I hope you do get the replies in the public forum and not through PM as that is the only way the rest of us learn too! That is one of the great things about this forum.

And welcome to the forum. Ask any questions, most on here are very knowledgeable.