Thread: V70: Engine - D4204T5 excessive oil burn
View Single Post
Old Oct 6th, 2020, 12:02   #1
Dante86

Default D4204T5 excessive oil burn

Dear Members,

I have bought a VOLVO V70 from year 2015 with D4204T5 (D4 Diesel) engine 3 weeks ago. The car run 192000 km.

I drove the first 1000 km without any problem. I went to a Volvo dealer for a re-call (I was told that a vent pipe must be installed in the cooling system).

After 200-300 km from re-call the message appeared on the dash board: add 0,5 half litre of oil, so I did.
After another 200 km the same message appeared, so I did again, but started to monitor the oil level on the dash board. Every morning and evening when I sat into the car checked, and it always showed the normal amount (only the stripe under max indication was missing).

After 200-250 km, yesterday the "add 0,5 half litre of oil" message appeared again. When I wanted to make the measurement, the dash board wrote "not available"

I went immediately to the Volvo dealer and I was told that they had to calibrate the oil measure on the dashboard with the computer and had to add 1 litre of oil. Now I shall wait, if error message pop up again or not.

TBH, I am a bit concerned, because within 2 weeks and 500 km almost 2 litre of oil had to be added. I see no oil leak on the floor. No black/blue exhaust gas coming, no power loss, nothing.

Please, help me. Can anyone had similar problem?

Thank you!
Dante86 is offline   Reply With Quote