Thread: Other XC90 Problem: - Geartronic Stuck In Drive And Netural
View Single Post
Old Oct 1st, 2020, 14:07   #10
Nige

Default Volvo S60 Geartronic stuck in Drive or Neutral - FIXED

Hi - I used this thread to see if there was a solution to this problem and following it to the end, indeed I could have bought a new gear knob for about £130 or the trigger/button for the knob for £12.99. I bought the latter and a battery charger since keeping the key in ignition obviously drains the battery if it's not disconnected.

The part came from Parts Monster on Ebay and was perfect.

The tricky thing is to remove the old trigger/button and replace the new one as there is a spring mechanism which needs to be in place and held whilst the holes for the hinge pin are aligned. I used a piece of wire to keep everything aligned whilst I tried to push the hinge pin through - I also made a small hole at the side of the knob where the pin goes in - probably not the most elegant solution but the only way I could find to do it. Very fiddly but got it done eventually.

The rod in the gear shaft then has to be attached to the trigger pin which must go through the hole at the top so that when depressed the shaft moves up and down.

When this is in place the knob can be reinserted into position.

This fixed the problem and saved hundreds so thanks for those involved in the above thread.
Nige is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nige For This Useful Post: