View Single Post
Old Sep 18th, 2020, 14:02   #1
BJBee

Question Has anyone downsized from 22" wheels to 19"?

A newbie here! Have left Landrover and seen the light with beautiful XC90. I have a 2017 XC90 T8 on 22's wit 4C Air. I have had it since January, but have not done that many miles since lockdown. It's a great car, but I am regretting the 22" inch wheels that came with the car. I have already had to change two tyres due to pothole damage where sidewalls bulged out. I took out wheel/tyre insurance knowing the cost of repairs could be very high. That has been well worth it. This coupled with the harsher ride even with 4C Air has pushed me to really consider downsizing the wheel/tyre set.

My question is this - has anyone here actually done this? What is difference in comfort/road noise? I am aware that existing set of 22" diamond rims are worth a pretty penny, but does anyone know if professional tyre/wheels shops will trade/buy those or am I better off trying to sell on ebay?

Other than the ride with my current set up, I love the car. Easily the most stylish of the big 4x4's with fantastic understated tech inside.

Any insights/advice much appreciated!
BJBee is offline   Reply With Quote