Thread: New 142
View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2020, 05:05   #58
142 Guy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdekin View Post
Suspension and steering done. Alignment is as per the original specs at the moment but one side castor is just a wee bit out but I’m up at our cottage at the moment and as Aberdeen is in lockdown it won’t be for a while that I get the alignment how I want it.

All the new parts have arrived. Also got a new thicker ARB from Brookhouse and a high torque starter. Getting a local garage to fit the exhaust, ARB and starter next week as I don’t have access to a workshop up here at the cottage.

Going to have a play with a stub stack for the carb intake and a K&N filter and see if it makes any difference.
Which ARB did you end up going with?

High torque starter? Which one? I hope it was just the Bosch SR37X permanent magnet starter which is the later drop in replacement for the original SR37. Well, almost drop in if you ignore the metric threaded mounting ears. Dirt cheap for genuine Bosch remanufactured versions ($100 Cdn) or even less if you can find a late 240, 740, 940 ... in a salvage yard. Taking the old starter out is work because of its weight. Putting the SR 37X in is easy because its probably 1/2 the weight. Your car will be faster because of the weight loss.

Most interested to hear how the car drives with the TT3 installed. Did you check out Amazon Cars offerings? They say their cams are made by Isky; but, to their specifications. However, I have never found any details on what the differences were.
142 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 142 Guy For This Useful Post: