View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2020, 10:34   #7
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmiont View Post
Picked it up from the garage, which advised me to leave it for the time being and see if it keeps on recurring! The codes stored in VIDA apparently indicated communications issue with the SAS or something like that, but this seems unlikely as the SAS/clockspring were done last week and all the connections are good (in fact I asked them particularly to check all connections were good as I'm aware bad connections can be the cause of all this).

I agreed to take the car back for the time being and as I have now received my VCX Nano + VIDA (from cheshired5 on these forums), I'll be able to retrieve and monitor the codes myself from hereon.

On leaving the forecourt, I got "ANTI SKID TEMPORARILY OFF" again, which went away almost immediately - no "ANTI SKID SERVICE REQUIRED" and the "temporarily off" didn't reappear on the way home.

It's now dry on the roads and the car should be mostly dry too having been in the workshop or on the forecourt all day. I do suspect this is weather related as even before the clockspring/SAS change, the messages were particularly insistent during rain.

My car has a sunroof and after some searching it seems as though sunroof drains can cause this, although I thought I read at some point that this was applicable to XC90s with yaw sensor under the passenger seat.

Does the S60 have the same issue with sunroof drains causing water to accumulate around the yaw sensor and is it still under the seat on an S60? My sunroof seal looks good though.

---

Excuse me for I'm still new here but where do I find it?

No

Erm.. don't even know what/where they are at this point! But I'll have a search.. slowly but surely learning my way around my car.
reluctor ring a toothed ring on wheel hubs .failiure usualy caused by rust causeing splits . cheap repair abt £5 each
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote