Thread: D5 Swirl Flaps
View Single Post
Old Jun 15th, 2020, 08:19   #30
proffi

Quote:
Originally Posted by johna250 View Post
My 2006 S40 D5 had a intermittent fault code, Volvo said poss MAF sensor. I said o.k replace it , Volvo checked it and deemed it fine. Volvo said it could be an inlet butterfly valve problem £650 ish to replace. This was due to one fit pipes etc. This was covered under warranty it broken but if carboned up I would fit the bill.
For 6 years I have put up with the intermittent hesitant problem as £650 was not worth it resetting after a stop or 5. This was until the revs would not go beyond 3000rpm a few weeks ago. Various searches suggested I may have had a re map,not likely however I have had car since very low miles. I was about to disconnect battery when discovered swirl flap link not there !!! I bought replacement link £5 (to the reply of the Volvo spares Man"you will be back fit full kit ". £150
Link needs adapting and he might be right but as per another forum, I suck a rag in the void and I have never smiled soooooo much. My D5 is now sooo rapid. So all ok except for swirl link mod.
I have the exact same problem with the RPMs.

Can you please confirm the fault code to message you were getting when you try to go above 3000.

Also can you confirm if you lost power?

Thanks!
proffi is offline   Reply With Quote