Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2020, 12:15   #1020
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Not yet Alan but after Hermes "recieved my parcel" on 5th May and managed to get it to their hub and finally (yesterday) to their "local depot", it's finally with the courier for delivery today.

Parcelfarce seem to operate on a similarly strange measurement of time (mine was also meant to be 48 hour delivery) but if yours was at the sorting office this morning, keep checking the tracking by hitting the update/refresh button on that tab. Chances are it's already out for delivery and your head will land at your feet today.

As for what the 48 refers to, i've come to the conclusion that it means the item will be delivered within a 48 hour window, they just don't tell us when that window starts and stops.
Ha, ha - It had not occurred to me that the '48' referred to 48 hours, but your explanation makes sense: it must be 'delivered whenever we feel like +/- 48 hours'.

I don't think the head will be here today. It only arrived at the national sorting hub (wherever that might be) at 08:05 this morn, then it has to go to the delivery depot (maybe tomorrow), and then out for delivery, which is why I'm thinking it will probably arrive on Wednesday, or if I'm a bit unfortunate then on Thursday. Unless I'm pleasantly surprised I'll aim to do the work on Friday. It is fortunate that I'm not trying to run a business here :-)

The shipping cost me £30, and I suppose if it had not been for the lock-down I'd probably have just driven down in the Skoda last Tuesday and collected it. Bristol and back would be 300 miles at 50 MPG, so 6 gallons or £30 in diesel. That would have been my only additional cost (in that I'm not doing anything else and the Skoda is taxed/tested/insured anyway). I'd have had the job done by now - Bob and I would have had a day out as well. Ho hum.

Stay safe,

Alan

Last edited by Othen; May 11th, 2020 at 12:23. Reason: Grammar.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: