Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2020, 10:29   #998
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Good morn Dave,

See Chris's post (that we hijacked a bit). I've just done an eBay search on 1980 cars - and all of a sudden they are all silly money (I'm guessing because they are MoT exempt now and tax free next April).

Maybe the RB is worth a bit now? It doesn't make any difference though - it probably won't be for sale until I get the dementia and Dan has me moved into an annex at the bottom of the garden.

Stay safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Dave,

I found a photo of that Toyota Supra I was talking of in Chris's thread, but I didn't want to hijack it any further, so I've posted it here:

... what a car that was - spin the wheels in the lower gears and drift around roundabouts. I wish I had it now (would be worth £15,000!).

Stay safe.

Alan

PS. That photo was dated 2002. I've just checked the MoT history and H547CUF was last tested in 2008 (passed). I suspect it was written off (easy thing to do with a car like that) or scrapped (what a pity) a decade or so ago.
I think a lot of people are realising new cars are disposable Alan and have decided if they're going to pay for something to sit on the driveway, they'll have something they can repair and actually like.

I had the previous gen Celica (the first of the pop-up headlamp models and what spawned the Celica Supra before the Supra became a model in its own right) and liked it a lot. Quite nippy despite being a 2.0 in a relatively heavy body (for the time) and i daresay if i still had it, would be worth a good amount now.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: