View Single Post
Old Apr 11th, 2020, 14:17   #10
Vikingt5R

The ptc was one of the first things I checked, it is in good condition, I was surprised that it was very clean.

I update the problem, yesterday I did the following test:
With the engine running at idle the oil dipstick smokes a lot, on the other hand when you accelerate the engine and the rpm increases the smoke disappears completely, that is, it only makes smoke when the engine is not accelerating.

What I think is that when the car does not accelerate it is not able to evacuate the crankcase gases by itself, when the engine has rpms when vacuuming the intake and the turbo the gases circulate correctly.

The only thing that controls the crankcase gas at idle is the tube that comes out of the intake manifold to the ptc, so I did the following:

motor at 900RPMS (no load): disconnect the narrow ptc tube (comes from the intake manifold) and connect it directly to the fat ptc tube (comes from the PCV valve) at that time all the smoke disappeared ...

The conclusion for me is that the engine for the reason that I do not know, is not able to circulate the crankcase gases when the engine is without rpms.
Vikingt5R is offline   Reply With Quote