View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2020, 18:51   #62
CosmicBike

I'm claiming another success today, eventually. After one last go at the crank pull bolt with no luck, I opted to trim the lower timing belt cover just enough to get it off.
Now with suitable access, set to TDC on #1 cylinder. Dizzy looked a bit off, and the auxiliary pinion was a bit off too, by about 1 belt tooth...
Confirmed one tooth out when fitting the new belt, so corrected. Tensioner is fine so left in place (which means I have a new one to gather dust..). Good few rotations with a ratchet and all good.
Next up was fitting the new water pump. I've read the horror stories, and thought I'd nailed it first time until I put coolant in, which promptly fell out, ha ha…
2nd attempt, one of the 6mm studs sheared off. Stud extractor out, removed, new one ready.
3rd effort, so far so good.
New drive belts for alternator and power steering pump fitted.
By now it's dinner time, so after a request for a 30 minute delay I got the fan shroud and fan back on.
7 litres of coolant added brought me to the max line, no leaks so far, extra coolant will need to go in one it's warmed up and thermostat opened.
She runs! Albeit not particularly well, which is likely to be the timing, so that's a job for tomorrow.
Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere..
CosmicBike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CosmicBike For This Useful Post: