View Single Post
Old Mar 17th, 2020, 15:49   #1
zchael6

Default Cam belt timing marks

Hello!

Right had another nightmare today. I’m changing the cam belt, and before I took the old one off I aligned the wrong blob on the cam shaft with the dot behind it. Fortunately I have realised my error before putting the new belt on and putting it back together. I realised as I checked the crank shaft and intermediate shaft and saw they were not lined up.

I have now lined them all up but have read on here something about checking “#1 is in compression” basically I’m worried now I’m going to put the belt on start the engine and damage something

I’m really annoyed as I have done a cam belt before on a 940 but I just looked at the wrong mark.

Any help would be appreciated

Edit:
I aligned all the marks on the pulleys with the marks on the back of the belt cover as per the stepbystepvolvo instructions and put the new belt on. I then put the crank pulley on and rotated the crank two full turns and all the marks aligned again. I don’t know if this means it’s all sorted or whether I still need to check the compression. the crank was difficult to turn about half way through each of the turns, meaning it was easy to turn at the end and the beginning but hard when it was about 180 degrees through turning each time

Last edited by zchael6; Mar 17th, 2020 at 17:49.
zchael6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zchael6 For This Useful Post: