Thread: 940 Wiper Arms
View Single Post
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 23:01   #6
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvobusman View Post
Hi, does anyone know where I can get new wiper arms?, Skandix sell them but very expensive, cheers Andy.
I'd also suggest your main dealer as the first port of call, might even find they're cheaper than Skandix.

Many dealers also recognise this forum and offer a discount for membership, depending on their attitude (and yours!) they may require you to be a fully-paid-up-card-carrying-member or just a "free" member on here but it's still nice to see that bit of discount applied.

If you're lucky, like many of us are on here, your local Volvo dealer will be an "old skool" dealer for whom nothing is too much trouble in terms of help, even if it's a 30p clip on a 32 year old car. Simple rule is don't be afraid to ask - as long as you're respectful to them they'll be a very useful ally in Volvo ownership.

Don't get me wrong, i also use pattern parts for a lot of stuff but certain things are worth getting from Volvo, wiper arms being one of them because they have the correct spring tension in the arms to make them work properly with the wiper blades and generally they're better quality than aftermarket stuff.

Had a quick look on ECP, doesn't appear they sell wiper arms for the 940, also looked on PFV, nothing there either!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: