View Single Post
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 17:33   #8
afeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkclair View Post
Hi All, wonder if anyone can answer me a question, I've just brought myself another Volvo, S60 2015 R-desgin with 24500 miles, and part exchange my S80 2009 over the weekend from Volvo Selekt, its a nice car, i notice how going over even small potholes or speed humps at low speed, it's so not comfortable, it goes through the car, the S80 was much better. the standard tires are 235/40/R18, i know there low profile. I've never had a low profile tires so not sure if its normal, the 4 tires are new.
Wondering at some point i was thinking to change them to 235/50, see if it makes it better or help or would that be pointless.
I have 30 days to return the car.

Thank you.
I have a D3 with 235/40/18 and I must admit it's is really not the most comfortable ride in the city here in eastern Europe. But on the highway on the other hand this thing is just flying and rock solid on the road.

Today the winter tires got placed. 215/50/17 Continental TS850P. brand new ones and I have to say it really doesn't make any difference at all. And you have to know that as far as I know winter tyres are much softer. So go figure.
I think it's just the suspension and nothing you can really do about it.
afeee is offline   Reply With Quote