View Single Post
Old Jun 14th, 2019, 19:38   #108
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymitch View Post
I'm going to try some more basic stuff myself. Was thinking of giving the idle air control valve and throttle body a clean next. I think as time passes decent service at garages is going to become harder to comeby.
You're welcome for the help past, present and future.

Getting to know your car better by doing a few tasks yourself can only be a good thing.

Going back a couple of years, i asked a garage to change the diff oil in mine, even supplied the oil and some Wynns HPLS to add to it.

I was told later they didn't change the oil as there was already oil in it! Go figure as our USA cousins say!

Took me 2 years to get round to doing it, in between some wear has occurred and it's noisy and vibrates a lot. Going to be changing the whole axle at some point in the future!

I also have loads of "tales of woe" of damaged alloys by tyre centres using windy guns to refit wheel nuts. Now if only one wheel/tyre needs attention, i take it in separately (puncture repairs really), if it needs new tyres, valves, balancing etc, i do it myself. It often has to wait for various reasons but at least i won't be running the risk of yet more sets of wheels to be scrapped.
The alloys are only the tip of the iceberg, finding a good reliable garage that not only does what you ask but does it correctly is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: