View Single Post
Old Apr 21st, 2019, 16:34   #9
Brilliant Eclipse

GenericVolvoDriver & SwissXC90, thank you both for your informative and very helpful replies.

I have been into the Sat Nav diagnostic menu and been through every screen available. The following are what I think could be relevant observations:

1. Image '0 Diagnosis' shows my top level menu.

2. Image The '2_1 Circuit Check' shows 'OK' against everything except the DVD-ROM against which there is a blank status and the HDD against which it shows 'NG'. I do not know what 'NG' means.

3. Image '3_7 HDD Info 2' could point to the potential to resent the maps / HDD. It has options for 'Map Update', 'HDD Update' and 'Key Disc' but I do not know exactly what these will do.

4. Image '4 Diagnosis Record' show my diagnosis options and is reached by selection option 4 from the '0 Diagnosis' menu.

5. Image '4_1 Diagnostic 2', reached by selecting option 4.1 from the menu at point 4 above. It shows 'DTC 5020: HDD Read Error' and DTC 5010: HDD init(ATA)'. I do not know exactly wha these mean.

6. Image '4_2 DVD Mecha Error Status 1', reach by selecting option 4.1 from the menu at point 4 above, shows data I do not understand. There are two more screen 2/3 and 3/3 that show similar data.

7. Image '4_3 HDD Error Status 1', reach by selecting option 4.1 from the menu at point 4 above, shows data that appears to indicate HDD faults but I do not understand it. There are five more screens with similar data.

As a clarification of my initial email, I know there is a clicking sound from within the RTI MMM+ box/unit but I do not yet know whether it is coming from the HDD or DVD drive.

Next Steps
- Is it possible to use the diagnostic menu to attempt to reinitialise the HDD? If so, is it sensible to do so?
- If the above fails then I am willing to replace the HDD and take it from there.

All help greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0 Diagnosis Top Menu.jpg (257.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 2_1 Circuit Check.jpg (247.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 3_7 HDD Info 2.jpg (276.7 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 4 Diagnosis Record.jpg (242.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 4_1 Diagnostic 2.jpg (235.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 4_2 DVD Mecha Error Status 1.jpg (284.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 4_3 HDD Error Status 1.jpg (275.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Brilliant Eclipse; Apr 21st, 2019 at 16:37. Reason: Add more photos
Brilliant Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote