View Single Post
Old Feb 25th, 2019, 12:01   #2020
Miyo360

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgers View Post
so got the car back today and this is what has been done.

egr cooler and valve
Volvo paid 100% of the cooler
I paid 50% towards egr valve £266.40
also had an ecm diesel upgrade, not sure what that is ?
am I happy about paying 50% towards it, not really but the fact they picked up most of the cost stands for something I guess especially with it being out side of the warranty.
how Volvo haven't done a recall is beyond me, I mean I heard Bmw have just done recall on it and they never admit to anything normally
Here's my update. See previous posts and error codes for the faults I saw. I took mine to MKG Volvo of Twickenham. They called to say the EGR intercooler was faulty and called Volvo on my behalf. Volvo have agreed to cover the cost of this work. That's it. I didn't ask but assume therefore that the EGR valve itself is OK or the some-point-in-2018 software update (mentioned by someone else a few pages back in this topic) simply relaxes the conditions where this fault can occur. Same probably goes for the 02 sensor fault as shown in my previous posts with attachments.

Either way, I'm chuffed with that. Its 4 years, 2 months old, with full Volvo service history and 114,000 on the clock. Good luck to all those out there with a similar issue.

Special thanks to Smudgers for sending me a scan of the service report.
Miyo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miyo360 For This Useful Post: