View Single Post
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 18:47   #18
T-5ones
Not banned, yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-5tu View Post
I spoke to the service manager of Rybrook Volvo this morning, and told her under no circumstance, was i prepared to accept a bill of nearly £400 for fitting of a replacement ETM, when people elsewhere in the UK had been charged around £200 for the same job. I threatened them with trading standards and small claims court. Low and behold when i went to collect the car the total bill including VAT came to a more wallet friendly £209.90. The service rep spent about 10 minutes wittering on about how the original quote had been a mistake and something to do with labour costs which they charged to Volvo uk blah blah blah... He could not tell me weather it was a recon unit or if the one they took off was original or replacement, just that they had not YET had any replacement unit's fail. Makes you wonder really, if they had had the part in on Friday and the job been done then, would i have been re embursed for the difference in cost from the original quote? I think not. It comes to something in this day and age when youve got to go smacking off in order to not get taken for a ride They stated that 12 months warrenty was compulsary, and a Volvo contribution decreasing from 100% thereafter would be in force should the replacemant unit fail, i guess only time will tell. I was very suspicious about the apparent lack of knowledge they have over this issue and the MM and Bosch ETM, and i was left feeling that they know a lot more than there letting on. Thankfully there are the good people here to educate us and give us the ammunition we need to go in and stand our ground and not let these people walk all over us coz they think we dont have a clue. Many thanks to all here.

I knew I would forget. Sorry I am a cynical so and so and believe the issue is very well known by all dealers who just try to gloss over/appear to have lack of knowledge of the subject. Stand up for your selves as they are still making money out of us, just not as much as they usually do!

Info for those who might be in the same situation. Rough figures of my bill including approx 20% discount were as follows...

£136 Etm throttle housing
£0.75 software and etm reload
£0.25 Gasget
£57 labour
£29 VAT

£195 total

Lloyd Volvo of Carlisle were very, very good on this occasion and could not do enough for me. They didn't need squeezing on price as it was already discounted when I came to pay.
T-5ones is offline   Reply With Quote