Thread: Wheel Change
View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2018, 16:53   #45
Haldex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duri13 View Post
And do you guys change the whole wheels?
On my current XC60 I have 18" wheels and changing just summer/winter tyres. Now I am about to order a new XC90, which will come with 20" wheels and there I am also inclined to changing just tyres. This way I get nice wheels throughout the whole year, plus no hassle with changing wheels at home. And as I read now, no need for software update every time
1) I think we established that the software update is not necessary. Besides- you can go for same dimension summer/winter wheels.

2) Not sure about the cost in UK, but in France I pay between €100-150 for a changeover/balancing. So that would be €300/yr, + the wasted time, as I have to leave the car at the shop to have the tires changed. I paid €380 for a (new..) set of 19" Ronal wheels - so they have paid off in 1 year. Since I can do the swap on my own in under half an hr - I keep the wheels in the garage- saving a few more € on the storage..

3) Driving your "nice" wheels year round (and having tires removed/mounted on them twice a year..) will ensure they don't stay nice for long.

4) Mounting/removing tires annually damages the tires.

Etc, etc..
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote