View Single Post
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 15:40   #10
m2srt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmark View Post
I would avoid Stoneacre in Sheffield, although I did buy the car from them as it ticked all the boxes and was low in price compared to other 2014 V70's with less equipment.

The sales and after sales experience was a lot to be desired, I was there 4 hours and dealt with 3 salesman. 2 juniors who went back and forth to the guy I met at the door and dealt with on the phone.

They offered me £600 below book price for my 2011 V50, which was £400 below the WBAC quote. I eventually got them up in price, but the killer was which i am kicking myself now, he asked me how I wanted to pay for the car. The shutters came down in any negotiation when I told him I was a cash buyer. He even admitted he can't give me a better deal as I am not taking out finance so there was no money to make on me. Gone ar the days where cash is king.

As part of the sale, I had to sit in front of what was called a compliance manager, which in the end just tried to sell me gap, tyre and so forth insurance.

After sales, I had to bring car back to sort out a paint defect and the Stevie Wonder fitting of my number plate, as was previously on a private plate, also the service indicator was not reset. They had the gal when the paint defect was sorted (3 hour wait) to ask me if I wanted to come back to get the service indicator reset as could not find a mechanic, something that was then done in 5mins when I told them in no certain terms to buck up their ideas and not be so silly.

I might pop this is the dealer experience thread too.
I hate the fact that cash buyers are almost treated as 2nd class citizens. It's kind of indicative of how the concept of 'ownership' is being drummed out of society.

Previously, MY2013 XC60 SE LUX D5 Geartronic.
m2srt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to m2srt For This Useful Post: