Thread: V70: Body - Annoying Squeak!!
View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2018, 16:26   #3
pierremcalpine
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewter Raven View Post
I have ready previous in the forums about annoying squeaking sound coming from rear offside (appears to be internal)
It seems to be a common problem with the V70 and suggestions range from suspension to rear seat catch.
I have tried painstakingly to find out the cause without success. I cannot even drown it out with the stereo!!
It is not constant, but does seem to be at its worse when carrying passengers (front or rear), also when passing over mini roundabouts or speed ramps.

I have tried spray white grease on the obvious fittings, but it sooon returns.
The mot is due this month and gives an ideal opportunity for locating the origin when getting checked over. (Garage owner is a relative so I won’t be held to ransom!)
I really would appreciate any suggestions on how to deal with this?
I love the car, but the sound has me demented at times!!
Regards
Paul
Try wrapping some Teflon tape around the catch for the tailgate or lathering it with silicon grease. If no change my understanding is that the front bushing on the sway arms are also a problem area. I have not encountered this myself. What I HAVE encountered though is squeaking on all four struts anytime outside temp falls below 4degC. Squeaks for the first 10min presumably until top mounts warm up and then quiet for rest of trip. Really annoying!!

Click here for my x40 and V70 P3 repair guides
pierremcalpine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pierremcalpine For This Useful Post: