View Single Post
Old Feb 6th, 2018, 23:44   #29
petrohl34d

Just wanted to add my own experience of this from the last couple of days.

I transfered the leather seats from my old V70 into my new one a good while ago, and didn't realise that you had to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery beforehand, so I've been driving around with the SRS light on for such a long time now that I completely forgot about it the other day; and failed MOT as a result.

I then bought VIDA and DICE and got them running after a bit of fiddling.

Initially the DICE unit wouldn't turn on, even when connected to the OBD II port where it draws power from. I traced the reason for this back to the number 5, 15A fuse which shares the duty of climate control and diagnostics.

My AC pump is blown, and I've just bypassed it with a non-AC belt, but every time I put a new fuse in and turned the engine on, it would immediately blow the fuse. So I unplugged the electrical connector from the AC pump, replaced the fuse and hey presto, no more blown fuses.

So with VIDA/DICE up and running, I used this video to navigate through the process of wiping the fault (It's a bad quality vid, but the info you need is in there):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSUi0EqFrlo&t=3s

Even after following this process, and then following the final instructions to turn ignition off, turn engine on and rev to 1500rpm, turn engine off, and then turn it on and let idle for 20 seconds, the SRS light was still coming on.

So I followed the process from a couple of posts back in this thread.
  1. Disconnected negative battery terminal
  2. Made sure all the leads were connected underneath the seats
  3. Erased the faults with VIDA/DICE, and then ran through the engine off/engine on process

Boom, no more SRS light.

Last edited by petrohl34d; Feb 7th, 2018 at 00:02.
petrohl34d is offline   Reply With Quote