View Single Post
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 12:43   #7
steadvex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerTo View Post
Thanks for that explanation, clears it up for me. I’ll see what I get from my TerraClean thread.
have you had it terraclean'd? if not I'd advise against it, took out my EGR valve....well it failed within days of having it done on mine and had all sorts of interesting coloured smoke for a couple of days after it was done....never again for me..I had it done against the advice of the garage I work in, but I thought I've read so many people online claiming it made a difference i'd give it a shot anyway, I assume that was with people who have not looked after the car at all, apart from the funny coloured smoke and the egr failing it felt exactly the same before and after for me.

Volvo EGR valve for the D5 makes replacing the swirl kit look cheap, for reference we charge around £380 to replace the swirl kit, can't remember the price off hand, haven't got the best memory!

The swirl can cause a permanent limp mode, some people are lucky and just have the slight decrease in mpg and performance for years, others find it chucks the car in limp mode.
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote