View Single Post
Old Oct 25th, 2017, 17:04   #14
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

I manage to find a couple local (ish), one was even a manual but was a total shed, there was a one that looked amazing on autotrader and it was awful honestly think the dealer photographed a different car. Travelled 40 miles to see it and it drove awful, auto box didnt want to kick down, juddering under accelaration, worse juddering when trying to kick down, brake non existent worst car I've ever driven!.

So the shortlist is now down to the following

Civic Type R
Golf GTi
Octavia VRS
Focus ST
Saab 9-3 Aero

I've found what look like very good examples of the Type R, GTi, and Aero so going to see them on saturday, the VRS is basically a GTi and I'd prefer the gold over the Octavia.

I'm struggling to find a decent ST, that not been messed with, less than 100K, and a decent price, I can't help feel that it's a cheap mans T5, and I won't like it as a result, and the ST will give the worst MPG.

I can't pick between the Type R, GTi, and aero, I've driven them all before and the GTi impressed me the most but I've always fancied a type R. So figure test good examples of each, and get the one I like the best.
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote