View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 09:43   #8
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwyn View Post
Thanks for all your help. I've found the plate behind the bumper so will try to remove it later today. I'm just a little worried that the problem may be elsewhere as none of the washers work now - front, back and headlamp!!!
There are non return valves in the system just before where the tubing splits off in different directions which can cause a similar problem - I posted a diagram of the system a couple of months ago but can't find the page so I've posted again below.
Part number 24(s) are the one way valves - if they block everything stops! If you remove the valve you can reverse blow through the tubing which will usually clear it. I replaced both of the valves using a single valve earlier in the system.

Apparently the valves are there to hold water in the system up to the nozzles so that there is a shorter time delay between turning the washer on and the wash getting to the screens or headlamps.

[IMG][/IMG]

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto

Last edited by ASt85; Jun 1st, 2017 at 09:52.
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote