View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2017, 13:48   #6
tony209
Master Member

My issue was that the edge of the tonneau cover was catching the plastic part of the door as it closed, causing it to jam. You need to move the plastic door slightly forward enough for the edge of the tonneau trim to clear the plastic part of the door and allow it to catch the metal flange. I can't remember if I made the adjustment at the screws or applied a small amount of pressure to the hinge plate - I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they are adjusted in the factory but try the screws first!

Before you make any adjustment to the small door, you should check if it is the tonneau cover that has moved and requires the adjustment. In my case, the problem occurred after I had changed the trim pannel on the tonneau cover. There wasn't enough adjustment left in the tonneau to clear the door so I had to adjust the door itself. Get somebody to hold the switch down while you watch what is happening but stop when you get a snag.
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tony209 For This Useful Post: