View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2017, 06:55   #2
tony209
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS100 View Post
Hi all,

The little plastic cover for the roof mechanism shown in the photo is not dropping down enough when I lower the roof on my C70, the roof hits it and gets stuck. Everything else is working fine and if I gently push the cover down the roof moves over it correctly and locks it down rather than getting jammed. I've tried normal wd40 and silicon wd40 around the workings which got it working normally again for a couple of cycles but the next time I tried to lower the roof a few days later it needed a hand again.

So it seems something needs lubricating, any thoughts on where specifically rather than me just spraying randomly in the general area? And any recommendations on what would be the best spray lubricant to use on It?

Or could it be something needs a small adjustment or a spring that should pull it down needs replacing?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
When you say "The roof hits it and gets stook", do you mean the tonneau cover? If your roof was catching it, that would mean that the plastic cover wasn't opening far enough.

I had a problem were the plastic cover wouldn't close all the way down, if I remember correctly, it's the tonneau cover that locks it down. I adjusted it's alignment at the point where it is fastened to the metal bracket.
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tony209 For This Useful Post: