View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2017, 10:14   #6
osullivant

I have precisely the same issue, since I bought the car it has been using copious amounts of oil, I replaced the Turbo cartridge and this helped but soon settled down to using litterly gallons of oil, and blocking up the soot filter.

I bit the bullet last month and bought a brand new original turbo fitted it, ( I was surprised that the one I was removing was clean and showed no sign of oil leakage. I had the dpf cleaned and car was like new full power and reasonably economy for 250miles until the Oil Low message came back. (this was after filling her to half way up the stick before I left,)

So last night I went investigating and found oil in the pipes going into the intake,( these were all washed clean last weekend) The only source for this oil must be the PCV system so I intercepted this and have fitted a catch can just after the oil separator, if this catches oil I will know in a few days.....

I do have a lot of smoke out of the oil filler so there must be an amount of blow-by and possibly burnt oil directly in the cylinders but realistically there can only be oil in the intake air if it is being blown out of the turbo seals or into the air stream through the Crank case ventilation outlet....

Am I wrong.....

has anyone replaced the oil separator, (I did once remove and clean it but it looked fine with no sludge etc so I had discounted it)
osullivant is offline   Reply With Quote