Thread: S40 V40 Parts: - CEM / relay needed
View Single Post
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 17:52   #8
commonman80

No, no, no... Never Bridge like that... You'll fry the board components... The best way to have head lights until you get the relays you need is to disconnect both low beam head lights and wire them the old fashioned way. Direct to the battery with a completely separate switch.. That way you bypass the CEM and the computer all together...

The old way still works you know. Especially in an emergency like needing your car to get around... However if you're young? you probably don't know the old school way. Being bought up your entire life depending on computers and all LOLOL!!!

In my s40? Most of my lights are wired direct to the battery. Because I couldn't find the relays for my CEM... However, now that I've found where to get them. (Thanks to you guys.) I'll be ordering them to Install... Good luck repairing your CEM. But please remember this. Today's circuit boards are current sensitive... If you start bridging components? you can cause all sorts of problems to not only the board you're bridging on? But damage other circuit boards in your vehicle... Or, even cause wires that weren't designed to conduct certain higher loads? To heat up and short to the metal they running/laying on... Creating a mess to repair... FYI...

Last edited by commonman80; Apr 5th, 2017 at 18:06.
commonman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to commonman80 For This Useful Post: