Thread: Flat Battery
View Single Post
Old Mar 15th, 2017, 12:07   #172
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by uro1 View Post
Well to be fair to us customers I am always amazed, how view Car dealers (all makes) are informed about what goes on in car forums like this. It is often mentioned, that they give a bad picture of the quality of a car because most people only come here with their problems. But that is exactly the point.
If I owned a car dealership, there would be one person charged with regularly scanning one or two of the better known forums, so they can stay on top in the information game. You would have had a much better impression of the dealership if they had told You that there already is a TJ instead of the other way around.
+ 1 for this view.
I can understand if the sales side of the dealership doesn't know or doesn't want to talk about technical stuff.
I don't think there is anything wrong in expecting the service side of the team to be on top of the technical things,

More so when some customers (like many of us here) understand this stuff and would like to know the details.