View Single Post
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 21:12   #365
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerthechorister View Post
I'm pretty sure it's pin 24 - which I think is the pin to put volts on (or is it take down to earth) to retard the ignition 5 degrees.
Sorry i read it and somewhere between brain and fingers it changed to pin 5 - not sure what happened but i meant to type pin 24. If it's meant to go to 5v when boost reaches a certain level then retard the timing and it isn't happening then there's a good chance the knock sensor is sensing detonation through the timing being over-advanced because of the boost. If the knock sensor is being triggered that would retard the timing quite a bit i would think.

Not sure if you'd get away with simply unpluggng the knock sensor to test the theory or if you have a spare one cable tie it somewhere it won't get knocked and plug that one in for a "once only" test to prove the point - just don't go too mad while it's over-advancing with boost or there could be other problems as a result but it should tell you if you're on the right track.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote