View Single Post
Old Jan 30th, 2017, 17:13   #3
markofealing

The issue of the latch failure was going to be more of a point of principle more than anything else, after all we buy Volvos because they are very safe, durable and reliable so having a cheap bit of plastic breaking off in my hand for a 5yr old car was not going to be acceptable, especially if Volvo were making a profit out of the incident. This was expressed to my main dealer Volvo West London when I brought in the car for repair.

I picked up the car on Thursday, the bill came to £79.20 including VAT replacement parts and labour. This included a 20% on the replacement part and a 50% discount on the labour which I thought was reasonable under the circumstances. As usual, the car was fully valeted inside after the work at no extra cost.

I got the impression that this discount was given by the dealer and not Volvo UK which seems to me to be somewhat unfair on the dealer, after all they did not make the part, at the end of the day they just want a happy customer.

Hopefully, nothing else breaks off and the my V60 will continue to be an excellent car.
markofealing is offline   Reply With Quote