Thread: concerned query
View Single Post
Old Mar 18th, 2007, 14:31   #1
MethodMan

Hi guys and gals.

i joined this website as i was really amazed by the fact that C70s are really cheap now and i was ooking to buy one. Read owenrs reviews from a variety of sources, parkers, carsurvey, carreview etc etc.. people cant stop singing the praises for these cars.

However, i now come on here and start reading about this ETM issue. Makes me think is this the reason the cars are so cheap??

My main qestion though is if i buy a 98 reg car does this mean ETM will not be an issue for me? further to this, if i do buy a car in the ETM era so to speak, lets say i get the problem occuring, can i not buy an aftermarket unit from a manufacturer of car parts and fit that? can i go to eurocarparts and get a cheaper non volvo product that might be better built?

please help as i dont want to be paying 600 odd quid for something that might go wrong again??

or another alternative would it be fair to ask the company i buy from (who might not be volvo UK directly) to knock off 600 quid to cover off the fact that very imminently i will be paying for a big repair bill?

any thoughts would be appreciated.

kind regards