View Single Post
Old Sep 22nd, 2016, 17:39   #70
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIVERALLY View Post
I am an mot tester. The tester who failed this obviously is not aware of the old vehicle spe cific information which was part of the mot smart system . sadly this has been removed, however DVSA will still have a copy
This information gave clear guidance to testers re anomalies of testing certain vehicles ..ours included. It should have passed with up to 17". And fouling of the arch liner is permitted. I cannot account for 18" but if they were supplied by Volvo then take your car elsewhere and don't use the garage again
The information is still there in the tester's Manual : where it has been since at least 1976 when i first read it . Fouling of the arch liner isn't permitted , There is a metal plate there to prevent the arch liner being directly rubbed . Just as there is an alluminium block on the Morgan Chassis member for the tyre to rub on ..

Note: Some vehicles have lock stops comprising rubbing pads on the body that the front tyres may contact on a full lock. These are acceptable if they are properly maintained so that they do not damage the tyres.