View Single Post
Old Jul 8th, 2016, 09:33   #7
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Did you use the Volvo one that comes with the car or a 3rd party one?

I'll defo use a screen protector and not just because of the fingerprints. It seems that the screen isn't the Gorilla glass (or equivalent) that we're used to on phones and tablets. The screen on the XC90 I test drove had a scratched screen.
Would also be interested to know what screen protector you used. I have plenty of finger marks on my screen, but I guess this is just par for the course with a touch screen and assume it no different to other manufacturers with touch screens (although I appreciate the Volvo screen is bigger and bolder than most at present!). I just use the provided cloth to give it a regular wipe, and a wipe with a microfibre as part of my weekly wash routine. I think I have more of an issue with dust specs on the gloss black plastic surrounding the screen!

Tip: incase anyone isn't aware, you can wipe the screen when it switched on without it registering anything by holding the home button for a second or two, until the screen goes blank (other than the climate setting at the bottom). Just press the home button again to re-activate.

:wq
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post: