View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2016, 10:00   #16
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Picked up my new xc90 the other day, and my first impression is its a good car but you cannot in any way class it as a luxury car for one reason, ROAD NOISE, the tyre noise on anything but a smooth tarmac road is just atrocious, a luxury car should waft you along in near silence, this is so loud you need to turn the radio up to try to drown some of it out, it spoils the whole car, engine is nice and smooth, quiet and responsive, the car looks really nice, but boy the road noise is deafening, it is really quiet on smooth tarmac but on other normal roads have ear plugs at hand.
The satnav is not the best, for some reason it will not let me put my house number in and directs me on a detour round near by roads to the wrong end of my road, even trying voice control to direct me to home address did not let me use house number, its crap, better off with a cheap tomtom. £59 THOUSAND POUNDS, What a con. Luxury car my arse.
if you go on a test run do not stick to the volvo reps route take it off the smooth tarmac and on other roads, they have a route to show the car off on the best roads so it sounds quiet.
Dissapointed with it, you bet I am.
One last gripe, when we picked the car up we were given a voucher for a meal for two at a posh hotel, miles from anywhere so you have to drive there so cant have a drink with your meal, waste of time, will not be used, a nice bunch of flowers for the Mrs would have been a nicer gift.
It is always disappointing to buy something which does not live up to your expectations, so I do feel for you.

I would say, however, that the tyre noise issue has been all over this and other forums for well over a year now. When I made my choice of car 11 months ago I specifically chose the Momentum to get the 19in tyres so that I could avoid the 20in tyres.

Having driven my car back to back on the same road against a D5 courtesy car on 20in wheels I can say with some certainty that the 19in are near silent and the 20in are intrusive.

As for the satnav, what car did you come from? I have had many brands and I have never found a manufacturers' sat nav which is better than a £50 Tom Tom (Or Garmin) or even my Samsung smart phone running Google Maps.
- MY17 V60 T4 Power Blue.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post: