View Single Post
Old Apr 4th, 2016, 17:13   #29
mantee78

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-S View Post
I agree with mantee - I actually don't find the volvo satnav that bad, but the key thing about it is the ability to control it without removing my hands from the wheel. It would be great if someone would release a third party module that replaced the popup screen with a newer, higher res display and updated maps that was still controllable from the steering wheel joystick. I doubt anyone will (or even can - I'm sure volvo have no wish to allow anyone access to CANbus comms within the vehicle), just saying it would be nice.

Thanks for the link and info mantee - good to know they work and are updated. The last disc that I bought updated the firmware. Does this one? Might give it a punt anyway, as there are a few roundabouts in this area that no longer exist except in the mind of the sat nav.
I found on other forum some guys (Russian, I think) who made a custom controller and together with replaced higher res screen+components taken out from other sat nav, they successfully connected it to the CANbus, but it's too much hassle with. I could do electronic things but I have no programming knowledge unfortunately.

Post few pics from google maps, please, I check them on the sat nav for you, when I'll be back home in few days.
mantee78 is offline   Reply With Quote