Thread: V50 General : - To buy or not to buy
View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 21:32   #7
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Hi, why dont you check this thread out. Someone had a similar questions and some good advice there.

Link
family car?...NO. Period. The back space is dismal. With your seat back, your child forward facing seat would end up with bow legs as it will be pushed by the seat. My son 2yrs 18mnths has this problem when i drive. I am an inch shorter than you.

And adults also find the rear seat space cramped. Do go with your family and sit in on with the front seat partially back. Best you try to get in with the seat half way back.

Space in the boot is not great either. Did you ever catch the top gear on the V50 by james may?

Lack of storage? yup. Check if your car has drink holders in the front. Mine doesnt. Wish it had especially when I was mixing the toddlers bottle or carrying his water sippy cup.

Family car not ideal but as a run around, its fine.

cheers

eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt View Post
Hello to all - I am brand new and looking for some advice to buying a V50 - I have made up my mind that I want a 2.0D and am currently shopping around and have spotted one or two potential. I have read a lot about the car and think it looks fantastic and by all accounts drives well - okay so it has some problems but don't all cars - I currently drive an Alfa 156 saloon - it is brilliant and I am loathe to give it up for any old car but it is just not practical.

However before I go and look and face the annoying sales men with my wife and babies in tow I need to ask one simple question:- Is the V50 a practical family car?

I have a 2 year old and a 3 week old - therefore two car seats will take up the rear seat - one forward facing and one rearward facing. I am 6' 0 so will need my seat pushed far back but my wife is 5'0 so it isn't a problem her side. Will the rear be big enough for my two children?

Will the boot take a pram/puchchair for two babies (for those of you who this means anything we have a Phil & Teds pram for baby and toddler) and carry enough luggage for us to go away on holidays. I am not too worried about the lack of storage space in the car as my Alfa has the same problem and we have coped so far - the door pockets will take a packet of baby wipes though - great for baby and cleaning leather seats!

I am also considering a Honda Accord 2.2CDTi Tourer - I am not buying new - can't afford it and am looking at 2005 cars. I prefer the shape of the Volvo to the Honda but I know the Honda has a massive boot, however if the Volvo can swallow my families needs I don't want to get a car that is too big for my wife to drive - therefore the Volvo appeals as it is more compact.

Thanks for reading - any advice - and no I don't want a Ford Focus estate and I can't run to a new 159 estate which look beautiful.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts..............
pigapumbu is offline   Reply With Quote