Thread: V50 General : - To buy or not to buy
View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 14:05   #2
shandy

Hi,

Im 6'0 and there is enough room in the rear for the children or even adults.
The boot could be bigger but I could not say if your childrens pushchairs would fit. If the dealer wants to sell you the car, I could'nt see any problems with you trying the boot for size.
I have a 2.0D se sport which I bought as its a great looking car. The engine is powerfull enough and does give a good return on fuel. Ive managed 50+ mpg on long motorway runs at around 70mph. As the engine has run in it gets better.
The dealer support has not been great with the faults that I have. After sending letters to Volvo and their finance company, they have started to listern. Not the greatest of help and im still waiting for the faults to be fixed.
Hopefully you have read through this forum and have an idea of the common faults and complaints.
Im not going to buy another Volvo again and im looking to sell it or give it back to Volvo. Ive lost all faith in the product and services.
Also check out how much they will charge for repair work or servicing. I think they are over priced after servicing my car for £391. Above all it was an oil change on the same engine as a Ford focus... Dont let them tell you any different.
Good luck

Last edited by shandy; Feb 9th, 2007 at 14:10. Reason: adding
shandy is offline   Reply With Quote