View Single Post
Old Dec 21st, 2015, 13:37   #108
Scooser

Quote:
Originally Posted by godders45 View Post
Hello everyone

I'm a new Volvo owner (S60 2.4 D5 Manual, 2006 reg) - recent convert from SAAB - and have just taken the car I recently purchased to a Volvo Dealer for a service. During the service they informed me that the "Swirl rod linkage has broken and requires complete swirl flap assembly" but I'm getting the impression from these posts that it may be possible to fix this without needing to spend the quoted £897 (!) for the work.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I am unable to view any images on the threads so can't see what people have done.

Would someone let me know how I should approach getting this repaired rather than replaced in full as I get the impression that this is something that happens a lot and seems to be a fundamental weakness in these cars.
I see you're in Guildford. There a very good Volvo indy only 15 miles away from you which you may be interesred in?

Labour rates are less than half of what Squire Furneaux will charge you. In fact mine is in for service and a few bits and bobs with them today. I have no connection with them apart from I'm satisfied with their service.

www.civc.co.uk

Last edited by Scooser; Dec 21st, 2015 at 13:38. Reason: spelling
Scooser is offline   Reply With Quote