View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 19:21   #21
Dutchbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
I've driven both air and standard and thought both were extremely good handling our wonderful/woeful British roads. I had the standard suspension car for 3 days on all types of road.
You must have a very generous dealer to let you have the car three days. Which models did you test ? And what size wheels and tyres were fitted? We have had our 90 D5 Inscription P* fitted with air suspension for nearly six months now and we have covered about 6500 Miles across Europe as old age travellers.

Your test car must must have been a unique specimen , as a fair amount of the actual owners of the D5 Inscription model have been reporting their dissatisfaction with the car fitted with the 20 " wheels with Continental tyres and the noise they produce.

The Volvo forum and Swedespeed are only a few of the sites where the problem is highlighted.

Volvo know there is a problem with the ride as their new XC90 "Excellence" model will have better sound insulation and will ride on the Pirelli Sound Cancelling System tyres.

MY16 XC90 D5 P* Inscription & MY 15 S60 D4 P* Se Lux Geartronic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (106.7 KB, 15 views)
Dutchbird is offline   Reply With Quote